Next Generation Data Platform
Advanced analytics meets traditional business intelligence with Pivotal Greenplum, the world’s first fully-featured, multi-cloud, massively parallel processing (MPP) data platform based on the open source Greenplum Database. Pivotal Greenplum provides comprehensive and integrated analytics on multi-structured data. Powered by the world’s most advanced cost-based query optimizer, Pivotal Greenplum delivers unmatched analytical query performance on massive volumes of data.
Pivotal Greenplum Architecture
Pivotal has been founded in 2013 and has more then 2000 employees. Pivotal is part of Dell EMC with Palo Alto & San Francisco Headquarters.
Pivotal consists out of 3 parts:
- Pivotal Labs (modern software development methodology)
- Pivotal Cloud Foundary (cloud native platform)
- Pivotal Data Suite (big, fast data)
Pivotal Greenplum is part of Pivotal Data Suite.
Pivotal Greenplum advantages
- Easy to scale horizontally by adding new data nodes
- It can run on premise, private cloud and public cloud
- Pivotal Greenplum is an Enterprise Open Source MPP database and costs a fraction of it's competitors
- Pivotal Greenplum is deigned for Enterprise Data Warehouses